Mummy Makeover (Breast + Tummy)
Becoming a mother, is a new and exciting stage in most women’s lives. However, as any mother will tell you- there are many changes to the body that occur as a result of pregnancy and breast-feeding. These changes are often compounded with multiple pregnancies. Dr Miroshnik’s renowned post-pregnancy makeover (or ‘mummy makeover’) is designed to bring your body back to the way it used to be in one large operation.
The idea is to combine surgery on the breast and tummy, so that the final results are in harmony with one another. A combination of techniques are used which are individualised to your specific requirements. These may include a breast augmentation (+/- breast lift
/reduction), tummy tuck
, muscle tightening and liposuction/liposculpture. Dr Miroshnik is well known for his dramatic mummy makeover results and will discuss your customised plan with you during your consultation.
For those considering mummy makeover surgery, please bear in mind the following important points:
- You must be at a stable weight for at least 3 months prior to surgery
- You must have finished breast feeding for at least 3 months prior to surgery
- You must be a non-smoker or stopped smoking (and all other nicotine intake) for at least 1 month prior and 1 month after surgery
- At least 3 weeks off work
- You will be in hospital for the first 3-4 nights
- You must have someone to help with the care of young children for at least the first 2 weeks postoperatively